Skincare tips & Hot Yoga Benefits/ Reshu Malhotra
Post Hot yoga result/Reshu Malhotra
Hello my lovelies, Are you a fitness freak ? Do you love being fit? Have you tried yoga and most importantly have you tried Hot yoga??
Personally I have always been a gym freak but we all come across a time , when we get so busy with our work and ignore fitness which is so not right . Recently I was lucky to be forced to try Hot yoga and this was during my holidays in Mumbai India by My Sister/Friend Prianca Sharma who is a well-known Model/Actor in India and also a Yoga instructor at Nuage Hot yoga centre located at Versova, Mumbai.
A big thanks to Prianca for bringing a change in my life . I am sharing this post as during my yoga days I was often being complimented for my skin and I realized that lot of people who does hot yoga were very much aware of the benefits of hot yoga but were not very aware of how to take care of their skin and hair while doing Hot & Sweaty Yoga.
The benefits of Hot Yoga are many and endless as it improves both physical and mental health. There are so many such as It regulates the circulation of blood in whole body, controls the blood pressure, prevents from heart problems,handles the stress, and depression , Helps in weight loss, Improved Immune system, Relief from , Arthritis, Diabetes, Insomnia . Yoga acts as anti-aging and preventative medicine keeping the body young and healthy
Yoga also helps in improving the skin condition . As you sweat, your pores are opened and cleaned allowing natural lanolin to release through the pores, softening and preserving your skin’s elasticity and thus as a result we get the Hot glowing skin.
I am sharing few Before and After hot yoga tips that will help you take care of your skin & get a gorgeous Yogi glow.
BEFORE YOUR YOGA SESSION:
1. DOUBLE CLEANSE YOUR SKIN : Before your yoga class, Remove all your Makeup and double cleanse your skin using the good cleanser according to your skin type followed with the good face wash of your choice. The worst thing you can do is mix sweat with dirt, makeup, oil and bacteria — perfect for creating facial havoc . My skin type is combination and my personally I love PRE CLEANSE from Dermalogica and SPECIAL CLEANSING GEL from Dermalogica.
2. TONE IT : After you cleanse your skin, use a good toner to close your opened pores. My favourite is Multi Active toner from Dermalogica and for drug store you can even try Neutrogena Alcohol Free toner.
3. HAIR CARE : For your hair, Massage a few drops of sweet almond oil or argan oil in your hair before a hot yoga session. This is same as going for a deep conditioning treatment followed with hot steam so why not to make use of your Hot yoga session and get Healthy gorgeous Hair.
4.REACH EARLY AND GIVE YOURSELF A MASSAGE. Its always good to arrive at least 10 minutes before your class starts and make use of it. Heat loosens up your muscles and you can take this time to massage your legs, starting from the ankle and upward. This can help and release water retention and promote circulation. Another option is to massage your temples to relax your mind. Take advantage of this quiet time to relax and prepare yourself for the session!
4. KEEP YOURSELF HYDRATED: Keep yourself well hydrated the whole day before your yoga class, Hydrating the body before the class is equally important as it is after the class. More hydrated you are, more glowing you will become.
AFTER YOUR HOT YOGA SESSION.
1. Post Session, After your body has rested for good 10 minutes and your breathing rate and body temperature returns to normal, Take a warm shower using a moisturizing shower gel .
2. Double cleanse your face followed with a good toner, and wear a sunscreen.
3. The high temperature of 40 degree causes your skin temperature to rise. The high temperature can stimulate too much melanin and that gives brown spots on your skin but this is the result of hot temperature so it could be Hot Yoga , Hot sauna or could be because of running in the sun. The most important thing is to be aware of this and to take care of your skin after getting exposed to high temperature. The quick way and easy solution to this is to cool down the skin temperature to decrease the melanin activity and this can be done by applying cold Aloe Vera on your skin. Leave it for 15- 20 minutes and apply moisturizer. This will instantly reduce the skin temperature to keep it calm.
4. HYDRATE ,HYDRATE AND HYDRATE. I can’t stress more how important and beneficial hot yoga could be for you. Hydrate yourself right after your class. I love coconut water for its amazing minerals that nourish our bodies after a good sweat.
Don’t you think Hot yoga is as good as a spa. Nothing could be better than enjoying your free spa at Hot yoga Session . So Get toned, detoxed, relaxed and even more gorgeous .
A big thanks to Nuage Hot Yoga Mumbai, Prianca Sharma and Divya . If you live in Mumbai Nuage Hot Yoga is a highly recommended place
Prianca Sharma/Reshu Malhotra
If you are in Dubai, You can try Bikram Yoga and enjoy your Hot Yoga session !!
Stay Blessed & Beautiful !!